(Phase – 2)
Playing Tennis Safely
To Our Members:
As the Board continues to evaluate the information it receives in many different forms (government, other clubs, USTA, etc…) we always are keeping our staff and members safety in the forefront. As you know we have implemented a Phased approach that will allow us to open and play tennis in the safest way possible. Also, we have checked off all the government required questions that allows us to have a COVID-19 stamp of approval. This stamp is now posted at the Club house and our website.
With this, the Board has approved moving to Phase-2 Compliance Guidelines in our phased approach. Although restrictions have been eased at this time, safety precautions must remain in place until there is a universal vaccine or effective treatment for the coronavirus. The Board will continue to re-evaluate our Compliance Guidelines along with the information we receive as stated above.
It is imperative that ALL members and their guest follow these guidelines. If you are asked by our staff to comply and refuse, you will be asked to forfeit your play. Remember, we are monitoring and enforcing these guidelines for the safety of our staff and members. If there are any concerns or questions you may have, you can always reach out to our Club Manager and/or one of the Board members.
Please do not come to the club or play if you:
- Are exhibiting any symptoms of the coronavirus: mild to severe respiratory illness with fever, cough and difficulty breathing, or other symptoms identified by the CDC.
- Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Are a vulnerable individual with underlying health conditions.
- Maintain social distance of six feet
- Must wear mask when off the court
- No tables or chairs will be out
- No communal water dispenser
- If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into a tissue or your upper sleeve
- One member will be allowed at a time (including bathroom) and must maintain social distance.
- Restrooms will be open. The Women's restroom will be available for Members, and the Men’s restroom will be for Staff Only. All must wipe down bathroom after use. Sanitizer will be available in the restroom.
- Pro-Shop will be open, although trying on clothes will not be permitted. You will be able to return items that do not fit.
- Items purchased from the Pro-Shop will be paid via member charge only
- No couch or chairs on the deck
- Racquet stringing will be done off premises by Dir. of Tennis Hans Römer
Preparing to Play:
- Use a hand sanitizer before going on the courts
- Clean and wipe down your equipment
- Bring a full water bottle
- Use New tennis balls and new grip if possible
- Arrive as close as possible to your scheduled time of play (approx. 5 minutes)
- Avoid touching court gates
- Guest will be permitted
- Reservations are required to play. No drop-ins will be permitted.
- Maintain six foot social distance
- If used, benches on courts must be wiped down by members after play (suggest hooking your bag on the fence)
- No scorecards
- Court gates to be secured in the open position
- If switching sides, it’s recommended players must switch on opposite ends (singles and double team)
- Recommended to use own balls with name or identified markings
- No handshaking or high fives
- No strategy discussions in order to help maintain social distance
- Recommended not touching other player’s tennis balls with your hands. Use racquet to push or hit back
- Practicing Serves before play will be allowed
- Do not share racquet or any other equipment (wrist bands, hats, towels, etc.)
- Leave the court as soon as reasonably possible
- Suggest the use of sanitizer to clean your hands and equipment after coming off the courts
- No extra- curricular or social gathering should take place on the grounds
- All players should leave the grounds immediately after play or use of the restroom
- Must follow “Preparing to Play” guidelines (besides bringing your own tennis balls)
- Private lessons will now include non-family members
- Maintain six foot social distance
- No touching tennis balls, Pro will pick up all balls
- Electronic payment only to Pro (options: Apple Pay and Venmo)
- Clinics will be scheduled although limited amount of people
- Ball Machine will be available for use. Member must wipe down the unit after use.
- To book a lesson, please contact Director of Tennis, Hans Römer at: 207.310.8656 or email@example.com
As a reminder, the Governor of Maine has issued an executive order for non-residents traveling from outside the state to self-monitor and home quarantine for a period of 14 days.
While we are doing all we can to ensure the safety and health of our members, it is the responsibility of the members to adhere to and follow these guidelines. Although we will be doing all we can, players will be playing at their own risk.
Any questions, please call or email us at: 207.967.5791 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and stay safe.
The Board of the Edgcomb Tennis Club